Aspirin And High Blood Pressure
Aspirin is a medication which is used to reduce fever, pain and inflammation. It is also used for minor pains and aches. Does aspirin reduce high blood pressure? Several studies conducted on this show that low dose aspirin does reduce blood pressure. It is also used in the prevention of strokes and heart attacks. However, further studies should be conducted to confirm that aspirin impacts the blood pressure.
About High Blood Pressure
More than 500,000 Americans die every year due to heart attacks caused by high blood pressure. According to a study, there is a link between aspirin and high blood pressure; when aspirin is taken in the night, it helps in reducing the condition of high blood pressure.
This drug is usually prescribed by doctors to reduce the viscosity of the blood. A person suffering from high blood pressure should stop taking this medicine once it thins the blood because this may have a few side effects and may also cause long term problem.
The Relation Between Aspirin and High Blood pressure
Aspirin is found to reduce high blood pressure. Studies show that taking low dose aspirin at night can reduce blood pressure. However, it was found that taking low dose aspirin during the day does not have any impact on the blood pressure. Asprin can be consumed as a tablet for low blood pressures.
Does it Work?
- According to the Journal of American College of Cardiology, aspirin has a better impact in reducing the high blood pressure when taken at night.
- When this drug is taken in the morning it is not so effective in lowering this condition.
- Most of the doctors prescribe this drug for people suffering from high blood pressure or hypertension.
- Aspirin also helps in reducing the risks of strokes and heart attacks caused due to hypertension.
- It is very helpful in blood thinning and prevents the heart from exerting pressure on the walls of the blood vessels.
Uses of Asprin
Aspirin was found to be helpful to reduce hypertension caused during pregnancy. Hypertension during pregnancy can result in prenatal mortality and morbidity. Studies show that low dose aspirin can reduce hypertension during pregnancy to about 65%. They also show that aspirin reduce the complications of cesarean section by 66%.
Can Asprin Be Consumed On Daily Basis
Should you take low dose aspirin at night to reduce the blood pressure?
It might be useful to take aspriin for hypertension.
But, it is always recommended to consult your doctor before taking aspirin to treat the high blood pressure.
It can be concluded that aspirin may not be the solution to reduce high blood pressure.
Other medications and lifestyle remedies can help in reducing hypertension.
However, studies show that aspirin does play a role in reducing blood pressure.
Usage of Aspirin
- Avoid intake of aspiring in large doses.
- Most of the people have a misconception that double doses of aspirin taken everyday will lower the condition of high blood pressure quickly. This is not true.
- Take one dose a day and this help in lowering the hypertension and avoids the risk of strokes and heart attacks.
- It always better to follow a Therapeutic dose under the guidance of a physician.
- There are different types of aspirin available in the market. People suffering from stomach sensitivities must use a coated aspirin which is known as Ecotrin.
Who should use Aspirin?
- It always advisable to consult a doctor before using aspiring for high blood pressure.
- Certain individuals should not use aspirin as this increase health complications further.
- People suffering from blood clotting disorders should avoid the usage of this drug.
- People using certain medications should also avoid the usage of this drug.
- People suffering bleeding in the stomach and intestines should avoid the usage if aspirin as it may cause side effects.