Bleeding Cervix: Infections, Causes and Treatment
is a condition that originates from the cervix region. Bleeding from cervix can be caused due to many potential reasons in women. The flow of blood depends on the cause, it can either be light or heavy. This condition causes streaking between menstruation, spotting and unusual menstrual flow. This condition can be diagnosed with the help of a physical examination. Cervical bleeding can be caused due to infections like cervical irritation, yeast infections, sexually transmitted infections and bacterial infections.
- One kind of sexually transmitted infections that is linked with the cervical bleeding is known as Human Papilloma Virus.
- The cervix may appear inflamed or rough and a woman suffering from this condition may experience cervical bleeding along with unpleasant discharges.
- These discharges can be strong smelling discharges or a thick mucus kind and these infections can cause burning sensation and itches.
- Pelvic inflammatory disease and Uterine fibroid conditions can lead to cervical bleeding which in turn leads to cervical cancer.
- Cervical bleeding is a warning sign for cervical cancer and this can be diagnosed and determined the presence of cancer cells with the help of a Biopsy sample.
- Intrauterine devices and some of the hormonal birth control pills may cause the condition of cervical bleeding.
- In some cases, bleeding from the cervix may be caused after sexual activity and women who suffer from this should immediately consult a gynecologist.
- Conditions like Vaginitis, Chlamydia and Trichomoniasis cause bleeding cervix.
- A disease known as Gonorrhea which is caused due to Venereal disease can lead to this condition.
Risks and Treatment
- Bleeding cervix can lead to cervical erosion along with cervical cancer and it can affect your sexual life.
- This condition can be treated with the help of both medical and physical treatments.
- These treatments include Microwave, Leep procedures, red light, laser or a medicine for external application.