Blood Vessel Dilation
The condition of blood vessel dilation usually occurs when the walls of the blood vessels especially arteries prevent the muscles from constricting. This also prevents the thinning of the blood vessels allowing the blood flow through the arteries easily. This also helps in lowering the pressure for the heart while pumping the blood. Several health conditions like heart failure, preeclampsia and hypertension can be lowered with the help of blood vessel dilation.
How to Dilate Blood Vessels?
Blood vessels can be dilated by following the below mentioned tips.
- A person suffering from health conditions that restrict the blood flow can use ACE (antigiotensin-converting enzyme) inhibitors as they help in preventing the walls of the blood vessels from constricting.
- Vasodilators also help to loosen the walls of the blood vessels and the most commonly recommended medications are minoxidil, nitrates, nesiritide, isorbide dinitrate and hydralazine.
- Another effective method to dilate the blood vessels is by stretching the skeletal muscles and this can be done by relaxing the muscles present in around the blood vessels near the brain.
- Hot drinks and food helps in alerting the thermostat of the body further resulting in dilation of the blood vessels.
- Consume foods rich in caffeine as they act as stimulants for the heart widening the blood vessels.
- Make sure that you consume alcohol in very low quantities in order to dilate the blood vessels.
Foods that Cause Dilation of Blood Vessels
A person can dilate blood vessels by including the below mentioned foods in your diet.
- Hot Peppers: These are very effective in increasing the blood flow and also help in dilating the blood vessels.
- Cayenne Pepper: This herb is also effective in treating this condition and it also helps in lowering the cholesterol levels reducing the congestion of blood vessels.
- Dark Chocolate: This is considered as an excellent food that helps in strengthening the heart. Dark chocolate is also used to increase the blood flow further dilating the blood vessels.
- Alcohol: Consumption of moderate amount of alcohol will help in dilating the blood vessels. Alcohol when added to a cup of hot tea will help in warming the blood.
- Garlic: This helps in protecting the blood vessels from damage and aging. It also helps in relaxing and thinning of the blood further lowering the blood pressure, cholesterol and strengthening of the heart.
- Fish Oil: This consists of omega-3 fatty acids that help in increasing the blood circulation and also lowers the blood pressure. It also strengthens and relaxes the blood vessels.