Blood Blisters on Fingers
Blood blisters are filled with blood and is the most common problem faced by many people. Blisters are usually filled with pus or translucent fluids. Blood blisters on fingers are also very common and this can occur due to a pinch caused during an injury. These are formed under the skin surface when the layers of the skin undergo pressure resulting in severe wound and injury. This trauma can cause the blood vessels under the skin to get ruptured resulting in oozing of the blood. Fingers are the common place for the blood blisters. Wearing shoes which are tight and uncomfortable can lead to blood blisters which can be painful. Read on to know the causes and treatment for this condition.
Causes of Blisters
Blood blisters on fingers can be caused due to several reasons and the following are a few of them.
- Accidental pinching
- Friction caused due to a rough surface
- Accidental skin burning
- Usage of certain medications
- Weather conditions can lead to frostbite
- Chemical exposure and
- Skin infections
- People suffering from blood blister on fingers may not require any kind of treatment as they can be lowered with the help of certain medications.
- Consult a doctor immediately if this condition occurs frequently or if they refuse to get healed for a longer period of time.
- Make sure that you get yourself checked if the blood blisters are due to an infection or burns.
- Make sure that you avoid bursting the blisters with unsterilized equipment as it can lead to infections further leading to permanent scarring on the skin.
- Cover the affected area with cotton or a bandage as it avoids worsening of the situation.
- Make sure that you keep the blistered area clean by applying an antibiotic cream and also see that you wipe the area with a clean cloth as this helps in preventing infections.
- You can apply ice cubes on the affected area as it helps in lowering redness and pain. Allow the blister to heal on its own.
How to Prevent?
Blood blisters on fingers should be kept clean and dry. See to it that the area is free from moisture and muck. Make sure that you wear gloves while gardening, washing and other activities. Make sure that you wear a gear while weight lifting, smashing shuttles or raking on badminton court as this helps in protecting your hands from irritation, pain and agony. Following a few simple tips will help you overcome this problem effectively.