Blood Blisters on Lips
A blister is usually considered as a skin area that separates epidermis which is the upper most layer from dermis the middle layer. Blood blisters on lips are a common problem faced by many people. The gap between the epidermis and dermis gets filled with a fluid known as serum. This procedure is again followed by the regrowth of the upper skin layer from beneath. Blood blisters are generally formed as a defense activity carried out by the body in order to fight against the harmful bacteria and infections. Read on to know the causes and treatment for this condition.
Causes of this Condition
- Blood blisters on lips can be caused due to several reasons and weak immunity is one such main reason.
- Herpes zoster is a virus which lives in nerve nodes and when this virus spreads to the lips it can lead to this condition.
- This may also occur when a person goes through emotional or physical stress.
- Hormonal imbalance, excessive exposure to extreme hot or cold temperatures or sunlight and mouth injuries can lead to this condition.
- Respiratory illnesses, skin trauma, food allergies, shaving and microbial infections are a few other reasons for causing this condition.
The following are a few remedies that help in overcoming the condition of blood blisters on lips.
- Apply an ice cube on the affected area as this helps in stopping the growth of the blister and burning or tingling sensation in and around the area as well.
- You can use aloe vera as it has anti fungal, antibacterial and anti- inflammatory properties. Apply the pulp on the affected area as it is considered as the best cure for this condition.
- Avoid stress as far as possible by taking the help of meditation and yoga. These relaxing techniques also help in relieving your mind from mental strain.
- Avoid exposing your lips to the sunlight by covering them or by applying a lip balm which contains sunscreen or zinc oxide.
Include foods that help in strengthening of the immune system and to stay healthy.