Blood Clots in Urine in Men
Many people suffer from blood clots in urine which is a clear indication of an underlying disease. This condition in men is also quite common and the urine may appear red or pink in color. Sometimes, they may also observe maroon hue in urine. Make sure that you identify the pain while passing the blood clots as this will help you treat this condition.
- There are chances for certain foods like “beetroot” and certain medications to cause red color in urine.
- Many of them may also experience pain in groin, lower back and abdomen while passing blood clots.
- Severe pain and burning sensation while urinating can also be observed as the blood clots pass through the urethra.
- Blood clots can be of different shapes and this can occur as a result of prostrate bleeding. Read on to know more about this condition.
- The condition of blood clots in urine in men is medically termed as hematuria. Serious cancer and minor inflammations can result in causing this condition.
- Urinary tract infections(UTI) is another major reason for the presence of this condition in men. However, this is commonly seen in women most of time.
- Ureter, bladder or kidney stones are also responsible for causing hematuria.
- Prostrate enlargement can cause men to pass blood clots while urinating.
- Sometimes, urinary tract injuries can lead to this condition. Certain cancers that affect regions like bladder, kidneys or urethra can cause the condition of hematuria.
- Sickle Cell Disease and Benign Familial Hematuria are also responsible for causing this condition in men.
- Men who use certain medications such as blood thinners are also prone to experience blood in urine.
- The condition of blood clots in urine can be treated by diagnosing the underlying cause of this condition. However, in most of the cases this condition may not require any kind of treatment.
- It is important to consult a doctor if you observe any of its symptoms. A doctor may prescribe antibiotics for at least 3 to 14 days if this condition occurs due to urinary tract infections.
- Drinking plenty of water daily will help you overcome the problem of kidney stones and it will also help in treating hematuria by flushing out the toxins from the body.