For a each person it is necessary to do general tests and diagnosis to their bodies regularly, so the patients can be realize what the body is going through by the daily routine, read on the following tests and diagnosis:
- Complete blood count: Complete blood count test is performed by automated cell counters. This kind of test involves a complete analysis of the concentration of red blood cells, white blood cells, and platelets in the blood.
- Mixing study: A blood test to identify the reason for blood being “too thin”. The patient’s blood is mixed in a tube with normal blood, and the mixed blood’s properties may provide a diagnosis.
- Bone marrow biopsy: Bone marrow biopsy test where thick needle is inserted into a large bone (usually in the hip), and bone marrow is drawn out for tests.
- Blood smear: In this test drops of blood are smeared across a microscope slide, examined by an expert in a lab. With the help of blood smear test many diseases can be identified such as Leukemia, anemia, malaria.
- Blood type: A test for compatibility before receiving a blood transfusion. The major blood types (A, B, AB, and O) are determined by the protein markers (antigens) present on the surface of red blood cells.
- Coombs test: This test is conducted in order to look out for antibodies that could bind to and destroy red blood cells. Coombs testing is performed for pregnant women and people with anemia.